Lenoir City, the “Lake Capital of the South”, began as a 5,000-acre plantation. It was incorporated in 1907. Beginning in the 1930’s, a series of federal government projects provided a needed boost to Lenoir City’s economy. The Tennessee Valley Authority’s construction of Fort Loudoun Dam and reservoir, which began in 1940, provided hundreds of locals with jobs, and brought a number of road improvements to the area. The creation of the Interstate Highway System in the 1950’s and 1960’s brought about the construction of Interstate75 and Interstate40 – two trans-national highways that intersect just northeast of Lenoir City. U.S. Highway 321 was built through Lenoir City in the 1980’s primarily to provide greater access to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, some 40 miles (64 km) down the road in Blount County. The Tennessee River and TVA’s Fort Loudoun and Watts Bar reservations provide Lenoir City’s southern boundary.
Flagship Neighborhood: Chestnut Hills
The Neighbors: Families, trade professionals
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.